Civil Litigation Lawyer Kitchener - When a business enterprise experiences financial issues, amongst the most important things you can do is choose the right team to help you navigate the process. bankruptcies, business restructuring and insolvencies could be amongst the most challenging of experiences. Our Business Restructuring and Insolvency Team has a wealth of experience to help you deal with these situations. Our lawyers are uniquely positioned to offer recommendation and representation, leading to effective, strategic and timely solutions.
We work with business enterprises within industries like for example automotive, airline, communications, biomedical, entertainment, construction, financial services, funeral, healthcare, insurance, marketing, manufacturing, mining, steel, retail, technology, real estate and natural resources. Our lawyers can help you with the difficulties of cross-border procedures administered under either Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code or the Canada Companies' Creditors Arrangement ("CCAA"). We have extensive experience with multi-national and domestic business restructurings and reorganizations, whether informal or court-supervised. Bankruptcy and Insolvency restructuring legislation within the United States and Canada have a similar debtor-in-possession focus; then again, the laws of the two jurisdictions are different enough to require those involved in cross-border procedures to be knowledgeable concerning both jurisdictions. In recent years our lawyers have advised stakeholders and intermediaries within a lot of the largest restructurings and insolvencies under the CCAA, the Winding-Up and Restructuring Act, and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act ("BIA").
Access to the needed professionals could be able to help tip the scales in your favour of outcomes that are positive during insolvency or business restructuring. We are able to draw on the experience of our skilled members across our worldwide companies within the numerous legal areas handling business reorganizations. Our company has experts in banking and securitization, mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity, labour and employment, real property and intellectual property, and governmental relations. In cases of insolvency needing advocacy before appellate and trial courts, our team provides skilled litigators.
Our services to various stakeholders comprise the following:
1. We advise financially challenged companies on restructuring alternatives and options including directing and initiating formal restructuring proceedings under the BIA and the CCAA.
2. In relation to companies in financial distress, we advise board members and the independent/special committees of private and public corporations.
3. In relation to insolvent business debtors, we advise in the context of cross-border restructuring proceedings, to institutional and non-regulated lenders, agents to and members of operational, term, asset-based and second-lien lenders, lending syndicates, distressed debt investors, trust indenture trustees, bondholders, ad hoc and formal noteholders committees, and private equity and hedge fund investors.
4. We advise formal and ad-hoc creditors committees in cases being administered under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code related to cross-border and Canadian restructuring proceedings.
5. We can help the many secured creditors in the insolvency proceedings, regarding the enforcement of their security, privately and through court-supervised processes and the protections of their interests and rights.
6. We advise trustees in liquidators, bankruptcy, monitors, receivers, construction lien trustees, interim receivers and other court-appointed officers in CCAA procedures and proposals under the BIA, comprising bankruptcies and receiverships.
7. We advise equipment leasers and vendors, suppliers, contracting third parties, and commercial landlords in restructuring and insolvency proceedings and realizations and in relation to defaulting or insolvent debtors.
8. We can assist the purchasers who are businesses or distressed assets in cases administered under the BIA and CCAA, from the trustees, private or court-appointed receivers.
9. In insolvency proceedings, we assist investment bankers, financial advisors, and other consultants.
10. We provide counsel on various litigation issues arising in the context of business restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency cases.
11.We prosecute and defend litigating actions and preference actions for fraudulent conveyance of assets and obtaining urgent relief to protect and preserve assets from dissipation, such as injunctions, mareva injunctions, and anton pillar orders.
Click to Download the pdf