Legal Aid Lawyers in Kitchener - Energy law for the emerging world of energy markets is our firm's specialty. There are several challenges along with new opportunities for our firm to help assist our many clients in taking advantage of this new world. Our energy law group offers a comprehensive array of legal services to local and worldwide energy clients. We serve everybody from start-up companies to major corporations. Whether your company offers solar energy technology or more conventional types of energy generation, both have complex transactional requirements. We offer practical and sound representation and recommendation drawing on a depth of understanding of the economic, political and legal problems involved in energy matters.
1. We help with new developments related to renewable/alternative energy technologies (e.g., wind, fuel cells, solar, hydropower, biofuels, biomass and geothermal). In the case of the solar energy trade, we act for manufacturers, users and developers in preparation of land and roof release, tax matters, development agreements, financing agreements with investors, legislative and regulatory concerns, and commercial arrangements;
2. We are involved in energy efficiency demand management and cogeneration projects in commercial, industrial and institutional contexts, comprising financing, engineering, and construction problems;
3. We provide suggestion to public and private entities in respect of new statutory requirements to complete energy plans, and their land use plan integration;
4. For energy projects we help to structure and negotiate joint venture arrangements, project financing, transfer and licensing arrangements, and acquisition;
5. In the early stages of commercialization and financing of clean technologies, we can offer various services to help;
6. With new environmental and energy law requirements including carbon management and disclosure, we could help with compliance and approvals;
7. We help to commercialize, create and protect intellectual property rights;
8. We are involved in venture capital opportunities, in addition to private equity and initial public offering opportunities;
9. We represent clients at hearings before agencies and regulatory commissions concerning issues such as "leave to construct" applications for both gas and electricity infrastructure, creation of independent transmission companies, licensing, setting of rates, approvals, compliance concerns and permitting
10. We can help the boards of directors and other senior management concerning certain issues comprising corporate disclosure and governance, environmental stewardship and liability concerns, climate change, changing regulatory issues, and, where appropriate, helping in representations to governments.
Click to Download the pdf